1. The Department of Neonatalogy was established in March 2020 with 3 faculty Dr. Kiran Shankar Das as a Head of Department, Dr. Rameshwar Prasad & Dr. Prita Naaz Dubraj.
2. Since March 2021 Dr. (Prof.) Minni Rani Akhouri is the Head of Department.
3. It is the first separate Department from Pediatrics in the state. It was established to provide comprehensive & quality care to the neonates of Jharkhand & adjoining states.
4. This Department along with Department of OBG has been designed as Jharkhand state maternal & Newborn Health resource centre & provides mentorship for the SNCU'S of Jharkhand.
To provide comprehensive quality care of highest level to every newborn.
1. Every newborn should get equal opprtunity to attain its ability to the fullest and should be provided the best environment of care.
2. To reduce neonatal mortality & morbidity and to get the best neurodevelopment outcome for them.
1. Neonatal care up to level III (NICU)
2. Special Care Newborn Unit (SNCU)
3. Follow up care of all NICU/SNCU patients
4. ROP Screening
5. Hearing Screening
1. To increase the bed strength
2. To start DM Neonatology course
3. To establish comprehensive lactation management centre (Human Milk Bank)
4. High risk follow up OPD
5. Neonatal OPD
|Photo||Name||Designation||Date of joining||View Profile|
|Prof.(Dr.) Rajeeva Mishra||Professor & HOD||01 Jan ,2022|
|Dr. Kiran Shankar Prasad||Assistant Professor||15 Jun ,2019|
|Dr. Rameshwar Prasad||Assistant Professor||02 Jul ,2019|
|Dr. Prita Naaj Dubraj||Assistant Professor||15 Feb ,2020|
Post graduate :-
1) PG residents take part in seminar presentation, journal club, case presentation & Mortality Data review.
2) Basic Neonatal resuscitation programme.
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India